Facebook is one of the quickest ways to send a typhoon of traffic storming to your website. With it being one of the most active social networking sites on the planet and boasting over 750 Million active users, Facebook is a great way to gain more exposure, build your authority and ultimately attract more subscribers to your list.
While Facebook can prove to be the fairy Godmother of free social traffic, it can quickly turn into a time sucking leach… Slowly draining your productivity into an endless black hole of “liking” various irrelevant FB posts and sharing yet another cool and inspiring quote that’s not really helping your bottom line.
Does this sound familiar??
Well, In today’s post I want to share 7 simple steps that will help you streamline your Facebook marketing, radically increase your traffic, and put an end the Facebook productivity death grip.
When engaging and interacting on social networks, it’s good to practice proper social etiquette. Especially if you hope drive quality traffic from your efforts. Above anything else, Facebook is a socializing platform where most people just go to hangout.
As marketers, we have the opportunity to share value and build our online presence within a certain niche. However, that doesn’t give us the “green light” to go all willy nilly randomly purging affiliate links into everyone’s inbox.
If there’s nothing I can’t stand more than getting spammed on Facebook, it’s getting spam links and friend requests from the “Faceless Bandit.” You know who I’m talking about.
That random ugly affiliate link that plops into your FB inbox from the guy that has their company logo or some random irrelevant avatar for a profile pic, with their company name as their profile name or some extensive long name that isn’t even their government name, with no info about themselves on their profile page.
This really grinds my gears!
Remember, Facebook is a socializing platform where people come to chill, relax and get to know other real people, so don’t be afraid to plaster a giddy face shot of yourself as a profile pic and drop a few lines about who you are in your about me section.
Here’s a simple checklist to follow to get your Facebook profile set up the right way:
- Basic Information: Update the city you reside in, your birthday, any languages you speak and make sure to fill out the “About Me” section to let your friends know who you are and what you are all about!
- Profile Picture: Again, make sure to include a picture of you. While it does not have to be some expensive professional picture, make sure it is a clean, good looking one. Don’t include your company logo, picture of your company products or you with a group of other people. You want people to know who YOU are.
- Add Friends and Family: If you have family and friends or friends you want to feature on your profile page you can do this here.
- Education and Work: Add your employer(s): I suggest connecting your Facebook FanPage if you have one set up under Employer. Include your college and high school as well.
- Philosophy: This is where you want to share your religious beliefs, political views, the people who inspire you and favorite quotes.
- Arts and Entertainment: Include music, books, movies, television shows and games you enjoy.
- Sports: If you are in to sports let your friends and fans know about it!
- Activities and Interests: Let your facebook friends know what you are interested in.
- Contact Info: Give your Facebook friends a way to connect with you. Include your email address, your skype ID, your phone and website.
- *DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR PHYSICAL ADDRESS. (not ideal for privacy and safety purposes)
Now that we’ve gotten our profile all pretty and dressed for the party, it’s time to start mingling :)
By establishing a consistent routine for your Facebook marketing not only will you become efficient in your efforts you will not get sucked in to spending endless hours socializing when you should be concentrating on other income producing activities.
Do the following routine Monday – Friday. This routine should take you less than 25 minutes. If you do not have access to a timer, visit http://focusboosterapp.com to download The Pomodoro Timer.
- Step 1: Check personal and Facebook fanpage for spam. Remove and clean up any content that is not appropriate, or not relevant to your niche.
- Step 2: Update status on Personal Page, Fan Page and Group Wall. Add a quick tip, marketing note, motivational quote, image or video: * Research has shown motivational quotes are clicked on more than any other type of content on Facebook. Images and Videos are next.
- Step 3: Comment on the FanPage of 5 Leaders/Influencers Wall within your niche (i.e Internet Marketig Leaders with more than 2500 fans): This allows you to leverage the “celebrity” of industry leaders and attract new friends and fans to you who share common interest. (FYI: DO NOT Spam their walls with promotions or anything. Instead, seek to engage and comment on their posts to be seen!
- Step 4: Like or comment on 10 posts from friends or on posts from friends of friends. This will allow you to attract new friends who share similar interests as you.
- Step 5: Say Happy Birthday to 10 friends
- Step 6: Add 10 new friends: send new friend requests every day to build your list of friends, fans and followers. Always include a personal note: “Hi <name>, I came across your profile in <name of group or page>. I am always looking to connect with like-minded people who share similar interest and I’d love to connect with you!!
- Step 7: Accept any new friend requests: Send new friends a message similar to this: “Thank you for the friend request I look forward to reading your posts and learning more about what you do. To learn more about me please connect with me here: <Link to FB fanpage>
- Check personal and Facebook fanpage for spam. Remove and clean up any content that is not appropriate, or not relevant to your niche.
- Update status on Personal Page, Fan Page and Group Wall with marketing tip.
- Post marketing tip in 15 niche related groups
To really solidify your Facebook traffic generation efforts , it’s important to have a strong backbone of rock solid content. Going through the above steps is useless if the content you’re putting out leaves your readers craving icing for the chocolate cake.
Investing 90% of your time into creating truly world class content is THE anchor to really set your traffic on fire.
If you follow this simple 7 step routine and consistently release cake like (with creamy icing on top) content, you’ll be sure to not only to increase your traffic to your website, but also increase your social influence on Facebook.
Having true social influence is the real golden key to true traffic immortality. It will give you tremendous momentum and before ya’ know it your FB friends and fans will be driving freight loads of traffic for you with you having to much of anything… except turning on the oven of course
See ya’ round the net!